Your WIthings Blood Pressure (BP) monitor will arrive pre-connected with the Vida app using cellular connectivity. This means that there’s no additional setup to your own cellular or wifi network required on your end!
Setting Up the BP Monitor
After unboxing the BP Monitor, press the button for 3 seconds to wake-up the monitor. If the monitor does not wake up, you may need to charge it using the included USB cord. See section “Rechargeable Battery via USB cord” below for more information.
The setup process can take up to 15 minutes. Please keep your blood pressure monitor at the same place during the setup. The BPM will display a check mark once setup is complete and will automatically turn off afterwards.
Using the BP Monitor
Unroll the cuff and place your left arm inside it. The button should be closer to your elbow, and the Withings logo should be closer to your shoulder.
Tighten the cuff around your arm. The tube should be placed slightly toward the inside of your arm, facing the rib cage, about one inch (1 in) above the bend of your elbow. Make sure the cuff is at heart level.
Close the cuff at an angle if needed to ensure there are no gaps on the top and bottom. The entire cuff must be in contact with your skin.
Find a seating area where you can place your left arm on a table with the cuff at heart level and your palm facing up. Make sure the cuff is not touching the left side of your chest.
Short press the button on the tube to wake up the BP monitor. You will see a check mark followed by “BP” on the screen.
Short press the button again to begin a single measurement.
Best practices when taking a measurement
For accurate measurements, make sure that you are doing the following:
- Take 5 minutes to rest on a chair (back supported) prior to taking the reading
- Place your left arm on a table, your palm facing up.
- Your arm should be resting comfortably on the table.
- Do not speak or move during the measurement.
Additional Features on your BP Monitor
Rechargeable Battery via USB cord
Your BP monitor charges via USB (cord included), and lasts for up to 6 months on a single charge. If your battery is low, an alert will show that will prompt you to charge your device. If your battery is too low, you may see an ERROR 220.
The LED light on the device provides color-coded feedback based on your measurements (based on recommendations from the American Heart Association) or the status of your device:
- Blue: If BPM Connect Pro is trying to install or to connect to a signal. The LED may also appear blue during firmware updates.
- Green: If you have normal or elevated blood pressure measurements. The LED may also appear green if BPM Connect Pro has been paired with a mobile device.
- Orange: If you have measurements indicating high blood pressure stage 1. The LED may also appear orange if the battery is low. You can still take a measurement.
- Red: If you have measurements indicating high blood pressure stage 2 or hypertensive crisis. The LED may also appear red if BPM Connect Pro's battery is drained, or if there is an error during the blood pressure measurement.
- Pink: If you press and hold the monitor button for 6 seconds until “Info” displays on the screen, and the Settings menu opens.
Note: As explained above, the LED color displayed on the device may vary depending on the classification guidelines of your country.