Cardiometabolic (CMB) Prescribing Program: Lab Orders + E-Prescribing of Medications
The Vida Cardiometabolic Medical Prescribing Service is available to some members currently enrolled in one of our cardiometabolic (CMB) programs (such as Whole Health) who would benefit from the addition of working with a prescribing provider.
- How do I find out if I’m eligible for the prescribing program?
- Your eligibility is based on your reported medical conditions, medication history, and past lab tests. If you seem like a good fit for our prescribing program, you will receive an in-app eligibility form that will be reviewed by our medical team.
- Where do I find this form?
- You will see a pop-up in the app to learn more about medical prescribing services and opting in to the program.
- You may also discuss your eligibility for prescribing services directly with your provider.
- How long does it take to see a prescriber?
- After completing the form and opting in to the program, a Vida medical provider will be added to your care team. You will be notified if you should schedule a visit with your prescribing provider or if you can go directly to the lab for tests..
- What else is required before I receive care from the Vida medical provider?
- You may need to complete a few additional forms that tell us about any additional health history, medications and demographics, like where you live. You can find these forms in your To-Do list on the Home Screen. You will also receive notifications to let you know when you have new forms.
- If I get a new medicine prescribed by Vida, how do I send my prescription to my pharmacy?
- Prescriptions will be submitted electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. It can be a local pharmacy or a mail-order pharmacy. The Vida medical provider will ask you which pharmacy you prefer.
- How do I access and print my lab order?
You will receive a notification when your lab order is ready within the app.
To find the order, on the Home screen, tap the gear symbol in the top right corner to access Settings. Then, find the section “My Documents”.
To print your lab order, follow the instructions in the “Getting Your Lab Order” lesson found in your To-Do list on the Home screen.
- How do I schedule my lab tests?
In your To-Do list on the Home screen, you’ll find a lesson called “How to schedule a lab test”.
This lesson has links to help you find a lab near you and lets you know what to expect when you go.
You can bring your Vida lab order to any lab of your choice, including national chains such as Quest and Labcorp.
My lab results are outside of normal range. What should I do?
- If one or more of your results is out of range, take note of any questions you have. Your care team will be in touch to talk about next steps to help you get to and stay in a safe target range.
- If one or more of your results is critical, it may need attention right away. Please read the information from the content card provided in your Chat screen in the Vida app and take action.
- A member of your Vida Care team will also call you to talk about getting medical care and follow-up.
- Who covers the cost of prescriptions?
- Similarly to when your outside primary care provider prescribes you a new medicine or orders labs, the prescriptions and labs go through your medical insurance. The prescriptions and lab tests from Vida will have the same copay as if your outside doctor prescribed them. Please review your policy or call the number on your insurance card to understand your coverage for prescriptions.
- How many visits do I have with the prescribing provider?
- Your Vida prescriber will review the forms you completed and any other health history to make a care plan including lab tests. They may ask you to schedule a visit or they may provide you with a lab order to go directly to the lab. If your Vida medical provider thinks that medicine is a good next step, they will reach out to schedule another visit. After this visit, your care team will continue to check-in and schedule visits as needed.
- Are there follow-ups? What if I need a change to my medicine or I’m having side effects?
- Your care team will be working together with you through messaging in the Vida app and will set a follow-up plan in your visit. If you are having side effects, they will be in contact to make a plan to keep you safe. Your Vida medical provider will remain on your care team in the app. They will check in with you to make sure any changes to your medicine are tolerated and working for you.