Effective: September 09, 2014
Last modified: April 05, 2021
To utilize the Services, you are required to submit certain information to establish an account. We collect certain information during the account registration process for identity verification purposes. We collect and utilize additional information as set forth below.
Information We Collect From You
When you register with the Services, we collect certain personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information”), including your name, address, telephone number, contact information and password. Once you have registered, we may collect the following information about you, including:
- Your birthdate and certain health information, e.g., your health insurance information, any diagnoses and how long you have been having symptoms.
- Information you provide to us, or grant us access to, when you access or use the Services.
- Information you provide in public forums through the Services, including using our review, comment, post or similar functionality.
- In the event you pay for the Services directly, payment information is provided directly to our payment processing partner.
Information We Collect Automatically
You or your health care provider, health plan, pharmacy benefit manager or employer will provide us with information so that we can provide our services to you. Additionally, we may collect certain information when you use the Services, including the following:
- Use of the App. When you use the App, we may collect certain information about such use, including the location of your mobile device, your mobile device ID, type of device and operating system you use to access our App; your activities within the App; and the length of time that you are logged in through the mobile app.
- Unique Identifiers. We may collect certain information through unique identifiers such as IP address when you are using the Services.
- Cookies. We may use “cookies” and other technologies to collect data that enable us to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our Services. For instance, we may use session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) or persistent cookies (which stay on your mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our App.
- DNT. Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Vida Health and the Services do not recognize DNT.
What We Do with Your Information.
We may also use your Personal Information to update you on special offers related to our products or services, improve our products and services, provide product announcements or information regarding health topics, deliver other information we believe you will find most relevant, and useful and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or to which you consent. We may occasionally contact you to gather customer service information to help us determine how we can improve our services and products to better meet your needs. We may also de-identify and/or aggregate your data for various business purposes including product, service and program development and improvement. De-identified data, in individual or aggregated form, may also be used for research purposes both internally by Vida Health or with research partners and other third parties for the advancement of clinical and scientific knowledge.
We may combine or cross-reference your Personal Information with general information or other information we may have acquired about you or may acquire about you through other sources, including offline sources of information to help further customize the information, products or services we provide to you.
We use the general information we collect from you to help us understand and analyze users of our Services, including generating aggregate statistics about Services use. This data can then be used to tailor the Services’ content, deliver a better experience for our users. We may also collect, aggregate and maintain anonymous information about the visitors to our Services. We may further share such aggregate, non-identifiable information with business partners, sponsors and other third parties.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties.
If you invite family, friends or other third parties to be part of your team or join your chat sessions with your health coach, they will have access to the information shared during that session. You should also be aware that certain features within the Services allow for group chat sessions or public forums. By inviting any third parties to join your chat sessions or participate in group session or public forums, you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information, including information about your health and any health conditions to the other participants. We cannot control whether or how these participants will use your Personal Information or if they will subsequently disclose it. If you do not consent to the disclosure of this information to these third parties, you should not invite them to join your team or participate in the group sessions or other public forums.
We may also release your Personal Information to third parties as required by law, when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory requirements, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, to protect the safety, rights or property of patients, customers, the public or the Company or defend the Company and its officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim, or dispute.
How We Keep Your Information Secure. We seek to safeguard the security of your Personal Information and have implemented reasonable security measures consistent with accepted practices in the healthcare industry to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information and limit access to it. We have a designated Chief Security Officer and have put in place a variety of information security measures to protect your Personal Information, including encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your Personal Information during data transport and at rest. However, despite our efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your Personal Information over the Internet will be intercepted. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information, nor can we guarantee that information that you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Therefore, we urge you to also take every precaution to protect your Personal Information when you are on the Internet or using the Services.
Children’s Privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. This Services is not designed or intended for children and we do not intentionally collect information about children under 13 years old. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child under 13 years old has provided Personal Information to us without their consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Contact Us. If you would like to update your Personal Information, delete your account, change your preferences or have any questions or concerns about your privacy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account, including any information or records we are legally obligated to retain.