Welcome to Vida!
Once you have created your account through the Vida app, you will also want to open your Athena Patient Portal account.
The Web-based Patient Portal gives you secure and convenient access to your health information including easy access to:
- Account balance and paying bills
- Ability to update health plan, personal or contact information
Below are instructions for creating a Patient Portal account for the first time from an email or text invitation.
- Click the Patient Portal link in the email or text message. In a Patient Portal invitation email, the link is Create My Account.
The Create your new password page appears.
You are prompted to select a security option to protect your account. This one-time setup enables you to confirm your identity in the future if you forget your password.
- Select a security option and then click the Setup button below that option.
- Text me (recommended) — Receive a verification code by text message.
- Call me — Receive a verification code by phone call.
- Note: Select this option if you entered the number of a landline phone.
- Security Question — Select a security question from a list of questions.
If you selected Text me or Call me:
- Enter your phone number and then click Send code (for text message) or Call (for phone call).
The verification code is sent to your phone.
- Enter the verification code you received by text message or phone call, and then click Verify.
- If you selected Security Question, select a question from the list, enter the answer, and then click Save.
Important: If you enter any spaces or special characters (such as punctuation marks or underscores) in your answer, you will need to enter the same spaces and special characters in the future. The athenahealth account does not distinguish uppercase letters from lowercase letters.
- If you set up a security question, or if you entered a recovery phone number that differs from the phone number in your patient record, you must verify access to the phone number on file with your healthcare provider.
Click Continue. A confirmation page appears.
- On the confirmation page, click Continue. The home page of your Patient Portal appears.
Note: When you log on to the Patient Portal in the future, you will need to enter only your email address and password.
- Please locate and complete the forms found on the front screen of your portal account or located under “My Health” > “Medical Forms.”
Terms of Service, HIPAA Privacy Notice, and Informed Consent forms must be signed before your first scheduled appointment.