BodyTrace scale uses cell data to connect. For more info, here. Multiple attempts with red dashes and no data connecting may be related to connection issues.
If your scale moved, it may need recalibration for accurate readings. To recalibrate, follow these steps:
- Find an area with good signal, near a window.
- Step on the scale and stay still.
- When your weight stabilizes, step off.
- Dashes move on the display, showing data transmission.
- When the screen goes blank, repeat the steps.
Note that the scale works with AT&T and T-Mobile towers in your area (not dependent on the cell service you subscribe to). If they don't cover your area, you can't connect. The rotating dashes indicate three transmission attempts before turning off to conserve power.
If you need further assistance, you can contact BodyTrace support here.
You can also reach out to Vida Health Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be happy to help in any way we can.