Once you have connected your BodyTrace BPM with the steps located in this article: Connecting BodyTrace BPM with Vida you should attempt to take your first reading.
How to Take Your First Reading
1. Plug the connector on the cuff into the monitor.
2. Follow the instructions in your user manual to correctly position the cuff on your bare upper arm.
3. Rest for at least 5 minutes, sitting upright with your feet flat on the floor, your back supported, and your cuffed arm resting on a table or chair arm.
4. Press the START/STOP button on the monitor to turn it on. Wait for the device to turn on and perform the measurement while the cuff inflates.
Next, go back to your mobile device, go back to the Today tab, and pull the screen down to refresh your page. Your BP should be listed here!
Best Practices When Taking Your Readings
- Rest in a chair next to a table for five to 10 minutes. (Your left arm should rest comfortably at heart level.)
- Sit up straight with your back against the chair, legs uncrossed.
- Rest your forearm on the table with the palm of your hand facing up.