How our mental health program differs from an in-person mental health provider?
Telehealth for therapy, sometimes called teletherapy, is when sessions with a therapist are conducted through a video call or phone call.
Vida's Therapy program offers weekly calls with a therapist to get support on mild to moderate anxiety and/or depression. Starting therapy through telehealth has some major advantages. Some benefits include:
- Easy access - You can schedule sessions at different times that work for you and your busy schedule.
- Convenience - You can meet with a therapist from a location that is convenient for you. Teletherapy cuts out the busy commute to your therapist's office and can help you save time!
- Privacy - Our therapists will always call you from a secure, private location.
Though telehealth has many benefits, there are also circumstances when it is not the best fit, and getting connected to an in-person mental health provider instead would be more beneficial.
*Telehealth is time-limited and is not designed for circumstances in which a higher level of support is indicated.
We would recommend getting connected to an in-person care team in your local area if you are experiencing the following circumstances:
- You are presenting with severe symptoms, such as severe mood swings, auditory or visual hallucinations.
- You have been diagnosed with a severe mental illness or have a mental health condition that is unmanaged.
- You have a substance and/or alcohol dependence
- You have been experiencing any thoughts of hurting yourself or others, are in an urgent crisis, or psychiatric/medical emergency, or it has been recommended by your physician to be under psychological supervision/psychiatric care. If you are in crisis, click on this link Get Immediate Support!. If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself or others, call 911 or the National Suicide & Crisis Hotline 1-800-273-8255.
- You have been court-ordered to therapy or are trying to resolve a custody dispute.
- You have no internet connection or no device (mobile or tablet) that can support accessing the app.
- You are a minor or are under the care of a legal guardian.
To find a provider in your area, talk to your primary care physician or visit Psychology Today's Therapist Finder tool . Vida does not endorse any outside providers.
Vida cannot guarantee that you will experience benefits from participation in Vida’s Therapy program as all participation with therapy includes some risks, but your therapist will work with you to personalize a plan to help support you in reaching your goals.
More information on the risks and benefits of Vida’s therapy program can be found in the program’s consent form provided to you in the app.
If you have any further questions, please contact our support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org