I am getting an ERR 4 on my scale, how do I fix it?
Here are some common error messages and tips on how to resolve them:
- ERR 1 - Low battery error
- Confirm that replacement batteries are all brand new, unexpired, Duracell branded
- Confirm that battery compartment is clean, contact terminals have no foreign material
- ERR 2 – Can’t log weight.
- Make sure your scale is on a hard, flat surface and you stand still on the scale until your weight shows up on the display.
- ERR 3 - Please note that the scales are rated to weigh up to 440 lbs. If you are under 440 lbs, then there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Make sure your scale is on a flat surface.
- The scale will not work on carpet, and may show incorrect weights if any of the feet are not level. This can occur on uneven floors including tile.
- Ensure that the scale has not been moved for 60 minutes prior to weigh in.
- Your scale will automatically "tare" every 60 minutes. If it does not "tare" correctly, the scale may be 4.4 lbs off, which is the weight of the scale.
- For this reason, the scale must be stored horizontally where it will be used, with nothing sitting on top of it.
- During the weigh-in, remain centered and still.
- Moving around during weigh-in can cause an incorrect reading.
- To reset your scale:
- remove one battery for a few minutes.
- reinsert the battery.
- place the scale onto a flat surface.
- then try weighing in again.
- ERR 4 BATT – Low battery. Replace the 4 AA batteries.
- ERR 4 CELL – Network connection error. Try moving your scale to a different location in your home. Then take three successive measurements.
- ERR 5 – No cellular network. The cell towers in your area may be too far away. Try moving the scale to a different location in your home.
- ERR 6 – Weak signal. Try moving your scale to a different location in your home.
- ERR 9 – Provisioning error. Step on the scale 3x to see if the cellular connection works. For further assistance, please contact email@example.com with the SN number located on the back for further assistance.
- ERR 7, 8, 10 – Possible hardware issue with the scale. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the SN number located on the back of the scale for further assistance.