This article goes over some tips and tricks to make sure you have a stable video call with your coach. To learn how to join a video call, click here.
Getting ready for a video consult with your health coach? Here are some helpful tips and best practices so you can get the most out of the app while you use it!
- Make sure you are connected to a reliable network. Our video chat requires a fairly reliable internet connection in order to work successfully. You will want to make sure that you are using your mobile device on your Wifi Network, if possible, and in an area where you get the strongest connection. Sitting next to the router is generally the best way to ensure you have the best connection available. We generally discourage using your phone's carrier network, although it is possible to have a successful call while on that connection
- To ensure that you are in an area that will receive the best possible signal for your call, simply go to Google.com. Search for the word "Speedtest" and run the first test that shows up on the page. Your results should show you whether or not the speed of your connection is suitable for video. If it isn't, try to find an area where it is.
- Please NOTE- If you are in an area with a poor connection, the video portion of the call may drop out leaving with Audio Only. This is to ensure that you are able to successfully connect to your coach at all times, even if you don't have the bandwidth to handle a video call.
- We recommend logging into your Vida account with the app open 2-5 minutes before your call starts.
- Once the call has started, try not to switch between your wifi and phone network. Switching between networks while on the call will cause the call to freeze and will have trouble reconnecting. Make sure when you are connected to your coach that your device does not try to change the carrier setting mid-call.
Please do not attempt to take a video consult with your coach or therapist while driving! We understand you may be excited to catch up, but we would still want to make sure you are following all rules of the road and keeping yourself safe at all times!